- • PERFECT TO USE AS A TEACHING AID
- • INCLUDES 13 ETHICS SCENARIOS WITH INTRODUCTORY STATEMENT FOR EACH
- • ROLES ARE PLAYED BY APRL MEMBERS
- • SCRIPTS PREPARED BY APRL MEMBERS
- • APPROXIMATE TIME: ONE HOUR
- • COVERS SITUATIONS THAT REQUIRE ASSESSMENT UNDER SPECIFIED RULES
- • PROVIDES OPPORTUNITIES FOR DISCUSSION AND QUESTIONS
The vignettes in these ethics videos provide factual scenarios, involving encounters between lawyers and their clients and lawyers with colleagues, that are designed to illustrate underlying problems or concerns for which particular Rules among the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct are intended to address. The vignettes do not provide “answers,” but rather serve as the starting point for discussion, either by lecture or through questions and answers. These videos are designed as a tool for law professors, legal educators, and those who have responsibility for risk management in their law farm or legal department.
For law professors and legal educators, these videos are designed as a vehicle to broach a discussion of a particular rule and ethical principle by introducing the topic in a way that is more quickly understood by law students or young lawyers and by a vehicle that is likely to be more interesting than “straight lecture” may allow.
For risk management professionals, including insurers, these scenarios offer a format where the message is more likely to be memorable, and help reduce the risk of claims for the organization, than a drier presentation might.