Recognizing Implicit Bias in the Practice of Law and Avoiding Discipline for Discriminatory Conduct
Presented by APRL’s Webinar/CLE Committee, this webinar will take place December 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. PST/1:00 p.m. EDT via Zoom. No need to sign up in advance, just login and enjoy!
Panelists include Ellen Pansky, Mary Grace Guzman, and Rizza Gonzales
A panel of APRL members will discuss the important issue of implicit bias and discriminatory conduct. Topics to be covered include:
- New CRPC Rule 8.4.1 along with any other similar ethics rules.
- Implicit bias within our profession
- Including women, BIPOC, LGBTQA and first generation.
- Action steps APRL Members can take
- Pro Bono/Low Bono services
- Hiring Practices
- Mentoring choices
- Offering Leadership opportunities
- Creating a welcoming and mindful environment